Where Time Stands Still: Old Home


         

An aged house, situated atop the third floor, of a four-story building. This old abode appears to have never been limewashed, but its charm lies in its coherence. The middle balcony is a sight to behold, adorned with numerous known-unknown trees that have grown as they belong there. The morning sun seems to bestay for a little time, but the balcony is still a wonder. The colors may not be attractive, but I believe that whoever has lived in this house for a long time is a content person. They could be old, middle-aged, male or female, and maybe even living alone or as part of a couple. Just like themselves, with no responsibilities or justifications, only the house and a balcony garden living peacefully. The lighting is dim, the furniture is old, and there might be two or three pictures hanging on the wall. The light that filters in comes from behind the light curtains, either from the sun during the day or the moon at night, as I didn't spot any sodium lamps in the area.


This house is a haven, a peaceful abode where one can spend the rest of their days carefree. A place where time stands still, and worries fade away. A simple house with a balcony garden, where one can sip tea in the afternoon or sit in the balcony garden late at night, watching the world go by. I envision myself in this house, living life on my terms, free from the bondage of responsibilities, with the ones I love. 


The “Old House” is more than just a physical structure, it is a symbol of peace, contentment, and the beauty of simplicity. It is where I want to be, where I want to spend my days, and where I want to call home.


photo by: farhana_brishty




Comments