Ramadan and EID in my countryside village
Name: Alif
Islam
ID: 24104110
Section: 41
Ramadan and EID in my countryside
village
Located 127KM
southeast of Dhaka the capital city of Bangladesh is my home district Feni. On
the outskirts of Feni along the border of India is my village Chagolnaiya.
After finishing my mid exams in university my family decided to go to my
village for the last few days of Ramadan and Eid ul fitr. It takes about 6hrs
to reach my grandparents’ house.
We reached
around 8pm and without wasting time after greeting all my relatives we went
straight to bed as we were tried from the long journey and we had suhoor. We
woke up for suhoor in the middle of the night with stars glistening over the
sky which we don’t get to see in the cities due to air pollution. Nevertheless,
we had our suhoor and then as a local tradition we had rice with milk and a
banana as a sweetener as our finishing meal. And then a loud horn sound, like a
disaster warning system is played at the local mosque to signal the end of
suhoor and the last fasting begin. Next day I woke up to the morning rays of
sun peeking through the window. I went outside the yard to take a little walk
and view the village after a long time in its natural beauty. Standing in the
middle of the field with a nice natural view in front and taking in a big deep
inhale of air felt so refreshing. I passed the day by visiting my relatives,
talking to my cousins and making salah. We all sat for iftar in the evening
waiting for the loud horn of the mosque to break our fast. All the food was
made by my grandmother while my mom and aunts provided a hand. The food made by
my grandmother was succulent and everyone enjoyed it. We had beguni, alou chop,
dim chip, bout muri, jilapi, lemonade, water melon and so on.
Then me and my father went to do the tarawih
prayer. We went early to bed as tomorrow was EID. After waking at 7am I went for
a bath in your family pond. I rinsed my whole body clean made wadu and wore my
new reddish pink Panjabi which my parents bought when they went to India for
medical purposes. After praying the EID prayer, i hugged all my relatives
wishing them “Eid Mubarak” and took the blessing from the elders. Later I
received some money from my uncle and parents which I always looked forward
too. Then in the afternoon I visited my more distant relatives in the village
and was presented with a variety of sweets and hardened pithas. Then in the
evening we had a barbecue where all the members of the family gathered together
under the stary night sky to prepare the bbq while enjoying ourselves. And thus
my journey of EID in my countryside village comes to an end.


Comments
Post a Comment