From Pigment To perspective

 Jamila Biswas Roza
ID: 24136072
Section: 41 (ENG101)



  Imagine bearing something potentially unknown that can bring joy, therapeutic relaxation, and connection to an alternative world. Sounds interesting right? Or maybe it sounds like something called “hidden talent”? For me, this is about painting. Painting is one of the best ways to turn a single dot into a whole new creation that can even make an individual feel something different or can take him/her on a trip down memory lane. To me, this is like a superpower that can heal me from any and everything, and I feel anyone can have the ability to do so despite who they are or what the painting's outcome is.
Messi-Alvarez on the World Cup 2022 Semi-Finals.

  I still remember days from my childhood when I used to keep a journal of my daily life with doodles instead of written words. Further, this doodling is what enhanced my painting capabilities, which I didn’t even realize back then. From doodling short glimpses of my day-to-day life, I’m now commissioning for people all over my country which is already a dream come true moment for me. I love to paint for people as I can get to know their stories. When I’m given an order to paint a cat’s portrait I get to grasp how much affection this customer has for his/her pet; when it’s for an elderly couple I get to sense the profound love of this customer’s grandparents, or I can simply get the hint of how much a person still has a love for his departed wife when he tells me to paint this lady’s portrait in black and white.




A scenery before the catastrophic storm.
 
  Every single commission work I do comes with a backstory and thus every single painting I’ve done since childhood has a unique story of its own. There’s this famous quote by Hans Christian Andersen that says “When words fail, music speaks”, so why not “art” too? There’s beauty in everything and art is the best way to express that beauty which the unobservant viewers fail to see.

  In contrast, painting is beautiful but it’s not easy. Each masterpiece takes countless erasing of pencil lines, endless trial errors, and most significantly lots and lots of patience. It's often seen among artists who feel discouraged when their outcome doesn't satisfy their vision. However, it's crucial to keep in mind that art is that passion that takes us beyond, and imperfect outcomes can still hold beauty and worth. So this motive is exactly what keeps me on track for running Sunshine; the platform that is unleashing my inner unspoken words as well as growing as an independent individual little by little.

Comments